Monday, August 24, 2009

Quick update

Followers of this blog have probably noticed by now that my output has been much smaller lately, having only written three posts this summer. I suppose I could attribute this to my time commitments - at my internship, camp, and driver's ed among other things. But that would not be entirely truthful; general laziness is more to blame. I have been so caught up with watching as many movies as possible that writing about them has taken a backseat. In an effort to remedy that, I am setting a goal of one post a week. I hope this will help me to be more consistent!

Stay tuned later this week for a review of Truffaut's The Adventures of Antoine Doinel. I also intend to broaden this blog, including director retrospectives and other articles in addition to the regular movie reviews. And since I have never been entirely happy with the A-F rating scale, I might adopt a new one or simply not use any rating system. In the meantime, feel free to comment on my posts as it is encouraging to know that someone is reading. I welcome any comments, criticisms, and suggestions.

3 comments:

JQ said...

Sean, Keep up the good work. I love your reviews, and like the A-F summary as well. The nuance not found in the single grade is found in your review. What did you think of the latest Terminator vs. the prior three? JQ

Sean Keeley said...

You know, I've never seen any of the Terminator movies, but I know they're among your favorites so I might give them a look. Thanks for commenting!

JQ said...

Sean, I enjoyed the first three Terminators, and hated the fourth; it was an endless, dark, loud battle scene. I exaggerate, but not much! You probably have better things to do with your time than see all 4 of them.